VAASTU FOR APARTMENTS
Most of the apartments constructed today do not follow the Vaastu rules prescribed by our ancient texts. Yet the builders claim that their apartments are built strictly according to the Vaastu principles! As is observed by me, very few of the apartments follow Vaastu rules. Even if we cannot expect 100% Vastu in case of apartments, it is advisable to follow at least the basic Vaastu principles which will bring progress and peace to the dweller. In this article, I wish to present such basic Vaastu rules which should be verified by the buyer or tenant before taking a flat in an apartment.
External Vaastu factors
The following rules are applicable to the apartment as a whole:
- The plot (land) where the apartment is constructed should be either rectangular or square shaped. It should not be in the shape of a triangle, hexagonal or any irregular form.
- The plot should not slope downwards to the South and / or West.
- There should not be any water areas or ponds nearer in the direction of South or West from the apartment.
- The apartment should be so constructed in the plot that it may be aligned towards the South West or North East in the plot. It means the center of the apartment should be towards South West or North East. Please see Figure 1.
- The main entrance into the apartment is also important. If the main entrance is towards South or West in the South West corner, it brings bad luck to all the residents of the apartment.
- If any rooms are needed in the cellar, then the first room should be constructed in the South West corner of the plot. The second room then should be constructed in the South East corner. Next, the third room should be in the North West. It is better to leave the North East corner without constructing any room. Without constructing any room in the South West corner, one should not construct rooms in any other directions.
- The water outlets from the apartment should be coming out towards East or North or North East directions. It means all the water pipes should finally come out from the plot in East or North or North East.
>>> Click here to know your future from Astrology or Palmistry <<<
Internal Vaastu factors
Usually an apartment will have a lot of flats constructed on each floor. While owning a flat, please consider the following rules:
- Shape of the flat: Select a flat which is more or less rectangular or square. Avoid other shapes. If the flat has extended in North East direction, it can be accepted. But flats extending in any other direction should be rejected.
- Main door: The main door of the flat should be in the North East of North or East. Or, it should be in the South East of South side or North West of West side.
- Other door positions: Doors can be towards North East corner in the East. Similarly doors can be fixed towards North East in the North. It can be towards South East corner in the South and towards North West corner in the West. See the Figure 2. The same rule applies for the entrance gates of the compound wall.
- Bed rooms: The master bed room should be in the South West corner. Master bed room should have more size than the other bed rooms. Other bed rooms can be constructed in North West or North East corners. The bed room which is in the North East corner should be used only by children or unmarried bachelors or aged persons. It should not be used by the couples.
- Kitchen: The kitchen can be constructed in the South East corner or North West direction.
- Toilets: Toilets can be in the South East or North West direction. Avoid toilets in the North East, East and North directions.
- No. of doors and windows: See that the number of doors will be even number like 2, 4, 6, 8 or 12. There should not be 10 or 20 doors. Similarly the number of windows can be 2, 4, 6, 8 or 12.
Applying our Vaastu knowledge
Figure 3 depicts two flats (A and B) in the same floor of an apartment. Flat A has main entrance in the North East corner and Flat B has the main entrance in North West corner. Let us apply the Vastu principles to know which flat is comparatively better.
1) A has been extended towards the North West corner. Bad
B has been extended towards the North East direction. Good
2) A has main door in the North East corner of North. Good
B has main door in the North West corner of North. Bad
3) A has master bed room in the South East corner of the flat. Bad
B has master bed room in the South West corner. Good
4) A has another bed room in the South West corner. Good
B has another bed room in the South East corner. Good
5) A has kitchen located in the North West corner. Good
B has kitchen in the North East corner. Bad
6) A has common toilet in the South direction. Good
B too has common toilet in the South direction. Good
7) A has attached toilet in the master bed room towards North East. Bad
B has attached toilet in the master bed room towards North West. Good
8) A has master bed room door in the North West corner in the West. Good
B has master bed room door in the North East corner of East. Good
9) A has another bed room door in the North East corner of East. Good
B has another bed room door in the North West corner of West. Good
10) A has the door for its kitchen in the North East corner in the East. Good
B has the kitchen door in the North West corner in the West. Good
11) A has total number of doors 6. Good
B also has total number of doors 6. Good
Thus, out of 11 points compared, flat A has scored: 8 which become 72.7%. Flat B has scored: 9 which is 81.8%. So, flat B is better than A. Please note that in case of Apartments one cannot expect more than 80% of Vaastu.
>>> Click here to know your future from Astrology or Numerology <<<