WHO IS AN ASTROLOGER?
In present times, there is a lot of admiration towards Astrology in India. Astrologers are daily appearing on TVs. The viewers make a phone call and the Astrologers give predictions in a minute. Even some Astrologers are offering mantras on TVs as remedies for the viewers!
Of course, if you pause and think a while, you will understand that all this is non-sense. To pronounce a verdict on any issue, the Astrologer should normally go through more than 3000 combinations of planetary positions and aspects in any horoscope. If the Astrologer is very quick and can analyze 1 combination per second, he needs almost 1 hour to tell his client what is going to happen. So, now you understand what the Astrologers are doing on the TV programs.
I have given a couple of seminars in prestigious Universities at Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India, condemning this type of Astrology business on TVs and mass media when many of the so-called TV Astrologers were present on the dais. The gist is this: no body knows who is an Astrologer! Remember, a person giving mantras is not an Astrologer, he is a mantrik. Similarly let us understand that a person who worships in a temple is not an Astrologer, but a pujari (priest). The so-called gurus are not Astrologers, they are preachers. What I observed is that most of the people instead of contacting an Astrologer are ending up contacting a mantrik or a tantrik or a guru or a pujari. Some people are turning to TVs to find out solutions for their problems. Please note that it is always better to consult a real Astrologer in person, not on TV or newspaper.
Then the question arises: How can I know who is a real Astrologer? In this article, I will give you the qualities of a real Astrologer as advocated by our ancient scriptures. Also, for the clients, it is important to know how to behave with an Astrologer.
Qualities of a real astrologer
Vutthaayoshasi devataam hrudi nijaam dhyaatvaa vapussodhanam
Krithvaa snaana purassaram salila nikshepaadi karmaakhilam
Krithvaa mantra japaadhikamcha vidhivath panchaanga veekshaam thathaa
Khetaanaam gananamcha daivavidhatha swasthaantharaathmaa bhaveth |
An Astrologer should get up before Sunrise and perform daily rituals like cleaning his body by taking bath, offering prayers to deities, offering water to Sun god, reciting mantras, etc. Then he should look into the almanac and perform calculations of planets with a peaceful mind.
- An Astrologer should get up before Sunrise and recite Gayatri mantra and other mantras of his choice.
- Worshipping Sun god is compulsory for any Astrologer. Then only it is possible to get a deep knowledge in Astrology.
- In the morning, the Astrologer should look into the almanac (Panchag) and decide the thithi (lunar day), vaara (day of the week), nakshatra (constellation), yoga (combination of sun and moon) and karana (half part of a thithi).
Ganiteshu praveenoyaha sabda sastre krutasramaha
Nyaayavidh buddhimaan desa dikkaalajno jitendriyaha |
An Astrologer should be well versed in calculations, should have done commendable work in acoustics, justifiable, wise, should have knowledge in direction, space and time and should have control over his senses.
- An Astrologer should be able to make calculations of planetary positions and horoscope on his own. Now-a-days, the so-called Astrologers cannot do these calculations.
- An Astrologer should have the knowledge about longitude, latitude and altitude of any place in the world.
- An Astrologer should put his senses under control by avoiding non-vegetarian food, junk food, liquors, smoking and womanizing etc.
>>> Click here to know your future from Astrology or Palmistry <<<
Triskandhajno darshaneeyah sroutha smaartha kriyaaparaha
Nirdaambhikah satyavaadhee daivajno daivavit sthiraha |
An Astrologer should have complete knowledge in Triskandhas, i.e, Siddantha, Samhitha and Hora. He should have known the rituals prescribed by Holy Scriptures. He should never be proud and should talk only truth.
- An Astrologer should have good skill in the subject.
- Most of the Astrologers indulge in praising their clients just to earn money. An Astrologer should never tell lies. Remember if he tells lies, his ability to foresee the future will be lost.
Adveshee nitya santoshee ganithaagama paaragaha
Muhoorta guna doshajno vagmee kusala budhimaan |
An Astrologer should not be jealous, should always be contented, good at mathematics, knows good and bad in muhoortas (electional astrology), good at communication and should be a sharp intellect.
- An Astrologer should be contented with whatever he earns. He should never be after money.
Yo na poojayathe raajaa sa naasa mupagachchathi |
A king will bring his own destruction if he does not respect the Astrologer who is knowledgeable in Astrology theory and calculations.
- Astrologer is called ‘daivjna’ . This means he reads the mind of God. So, he should be given due respect by the society.
Qualities of a Client or querent
Tasmaadhraajnaadhi gantavyo vidvaan saamvatsaro agranee
Jayam yasaha sriyam bhogaan sreyachcha samabheepsitaa |
A king who wants victory, fame, wealth, luxuries and prosperity should contact an eminent Astrologer.
- Every one who wants to become successful in life should contact an Astrologer before taking any crucial decision in life. Astrologer’s guidance is very important for prosperity in life.
Chakshurbhootohi yatraisha paapam tathra na vidyathe |
Never live in a country where you cannot find any well-wishers and astrologers. There will not be any troubles if Astrologers who can provide good guidance are available.
- The countries where Astrology is practiced are treated as countries with jnanam (knowledge). The countries where Astrology is not respected are still in ajnanam (darkness).
Kruthaadeso na sarvathra prashtavyo na sadaivavith |
People who give predictions using some form of magic, black magic, worship of low level gods should never be consulted since they are not Astrologers.
- Consult an Astrologer. Never contact a mantrik, tantrik or people who practice black magic.
Matthaha saastraika desena tyaajyastaa drugmahmeekshitaa |
A king should always avoid an Astrologer who is greedy about money, who takes interest in starting quarrels between others, who is half-learned and is boastful.
- An Astrologer should never be greedy about money. He should lead a spiritual life.
- Remember an Astrologer should either descend from Astrologers’ family or be a qualified person in Astrology from a recognized University. It is better if the astrologer has some real experience.
Paramaartha phalam jnaanam yatho naiveha sidhyathi |
Prediction should not be given to a person, who does not ask for it. Questions intended to test the Astrologer should not be answered. If answered, the predictions will fail.
- Never test an Astrologer. Your aim is to receive proper guidance and get your problems solved by the Astrologer. This can be achieved with your obedience, but not with an attitude of testing.
>>> Click here to know your future from Astrology or Numerology <<<